If you have been working from home like most of us since March of this year, you’re probably getting into your groove (either that, or your groove has passed and you are stir crazy). As real estate agents, however, we all need to continue to stay the course no matter what changes come our way. In recent posts, we’ve shared ideas on how to plan if you’re not a planner, using apps to improve your efficiency, and even ways to use your pipeline planner right now. In this post, we’re sharing 5 gadgets you might need right now if you’d like to improve your “work-from-home” experience.
5 Techy Gadgets You Need Right Now
- Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones. Admittedly, you’ve got many choices when it comes to a bluetooth, noise-cancelling headset. But, unless you live alone, this is a must-have. No more waiting to make a call until the vacuum cleaner or blender is turned off. You can sail through your day with less distractions; plus there’s the added benefit that you will distract others less by not using the speaker feature on your phone.
- Ring Light for Zoom Meetings. Here’s something you may not realize you need, but those you work with may appreciate. It’s a small ring light that attaches to your computer and improves lighting for your online video meetings. You can also use it when recording videos—something that you should definitely be adding to your bag of tricks this season.
- This Awesome Monitor. While we believe strongly that all of the items listed here will increase your efficiency, this one is by far the one we feel most strongly about. If you’ve never tried using a dual monitor, now is the time. Leave your email open on one screen while you work on the other; or, open a contract on one screen and your contract app on the other. You’ll be amazed that you survived this long without a second monitor.
- Swivel Laptop Stand. Perhaps this is more of a luxe item, but if you are looking down at the screen, it’s no good for your back, neck and shoulders. This awesome stand will help improve these things. And, since you may not be back at your yoga classes quite yet, you’ll appreciate anything that decreases the risk of back pain.
- This Lap Desk. One of our local affiliates recently reported that when the entire family is doing Zoom meetings simultaneously, she’s often relegated to her bed or the living room sofa. But, this amazing lap desk improved her work experience ten-fold. We tried it ourselves, and she was right!
Last but not least and not a techy gadget, but lots of people are reporting a decline in good eating habits, which will ultimately impact your work-from-home experience because you might not feel as good. To that end, we tried Daily Harvest; they’ve got great smoothies, vegetarian flatbreads, non-dairy desserts, soups, and veggie bowls. And, while it may not be for everyone, it is convenient and affordable, and the smoothies are awesome. If you are interested in giving it a try, click here and use coupon code RE-ETY9MDV to get $25 off your first order.