April is Stress Awareness Month, and if there is anyone who has a stressful job, it’s you—the real professional. Just for grins, we’ve made a list of 10 things that stress our real estate agents.
- When the lockbox battery is dead and the real estate listing agent doesn’t answer the phone—and your buyers are chomping at the bit to see this particular home because this is THE one!
- When the appraisal comes in lower than the purchase price and the entire transaction needs to be renegotiated.
- When your buyer client conducts a home inspection and wants everything repaired from a one inch spot on the carpet to a nail hole from where the seller’s wall art previously stood.
- When the buyer’s lender says that he needs two more weeks….
- When the listing agent doesn’t answer the phone or respond to your email to confirm your offer has been received.
- When the Internet is out…
- When the MLS is down….
- When the buyers have their moving truck all packed, and you learn that the closing is delayed.
- When a surprise seller lien is found at the 11th hour and the settlement company needs to obtain the payoff.
- When your phone rings in the middle of the night, and you think it is terrible news, but it is just someone who sees your listing on Zillow.
There are plenty of other things that can create stress for real estate agents, but the most important thing is to laugh it off. Feel free to add to our list of things that stress out real estate pros…. Whatcha got?